Your First Visit
To Moon Orthodontics
At Moon Orthodontics, we believe that your first orthodontic visit is the most important one.
Our goal is to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile. We’re dedicated to providing you with all the information you need to make an informed decision that’s right for you!
Here’s what you can expect during your first visit to our offices in Overland Park and Olathe.
What to Expect
1. Let’s Get to Know Each Other
Your first visit to our office in Overland Park and Olathe won’t be difficult or painful at all.
Your free consultation will allow you to meet our wonderful, caring team and get to know Dr. Moon. We’ll be happy to help you find out which treatment options are best suited for your needs and help you learn more about orthodontics at Moon Orthodontics.
- Review your medical and dental history
- Take some digital pictures of your teeth and jaws to determine what treatments, if any, are right for you and your family
- Help you create a customized treatment plan with an estimated treatment timeline
- Talk through all of the financial info, insurance options, and your payment plan options
2. Creating Your Custom Treatment Plan
After reviewing your records, Dr. Moon will join you in a private consultation room to discuss your individualized and unique treatment plan.
Dr. Moon will point out specific areas of concern and show you what kind of corrections you can expect by showing photos and videos of similar cases.
Dr. Moon will take as much time as you need to answer your questions and decide what kind of treatment is best for you. Dr. Moon and our team will then walk you through the process.
They’ll explain everything—from scheduling to expected discomfort levels, to finances and payment options.
We believe you should be involved with the treatment decisions that affect your smile. We encourage you to ask questions, so you can talk to us about any concerns with treatment.
We’ll be honest and candid with you about your diagnosis, our recommendations, and any alternative treatment options. By working together, we can help you achieve your goal of a healthy, beautiful smile.
3. Start Your Treatment the Same Day
Your orthodontic journey will take a series of visits to Moon Orthodontics. We’ll build a relationship together through your treatment process and Dr. Moon wants you to feel confident that you’re receiving the best care possible.
Once you feel like we've answered all of your questions, you can even start your treatment at your free consultation. We value your time, and we know you want to make the most of every appointment at our office in Overland Park and Olathe.
Ask Us Anything
Though Dr. Moon and his team will keep you informed throughout your treatment process, we highly recommend that you ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable. You’re welcome to give us a call any time, or ask any of our knowledgable Moon Orthodontics team in-person.
Some of the more common questions that the Moon Orthodontics team hears includes:
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any teeth need to be removed?
- What medical and health benefits do you gain from orthodontic treatment?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
- How can I integrate my orthodontic insurance or medical spending account?
If you have any more questions about your first orthodontic visit, please call us at (913) 782-7223 in Overland Park and Olathe.
You can also schedule a free consultation by filling out a simple online form and learn how we can improve your oral health and the beauty of your smile.