Meet Your Overland Park Orthodontist
Dr. Joe Moon was born and raised in Kansas by his parents who migrated from Korea in 1976 in search of the American Dream. Hard work and determination allowed them to achieve that dream, which gave Dr. Moon the opportunity to pursue his own dreams.
He graduated as the valedictorian of his high school class and after receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Kansas, he changed direction and pursued a career in dentistry.
He obtained an Ivy League dental education at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia where he finished at the top of his class and served as president of the class his entire four years of attendance.
Why an Orthodontist in Overland Park?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Moon continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Moon has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Overland Park Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Overland Park orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Olathe orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Moon Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Overland Park area.