Enjoy Your Teen Years With A Smile
We all know the teenage years can be tough enough without having to deal with a smile you’re unhappy with.
At Moon Orthodontics, we can change this with a customized treatment plan and options to fit your lifestyle and your parents’ budget. We’d call that a win-win!
About Teen Braces in Olathe & Overland Park
Dr. Moon has years of experience and can easily recognize issues with spacing, crowding, bite, and alignment in this age range. Your bone and jaw structure is also developed enough to allow orthodontic treatment to begin.
You may have even started Phase I treatment at an earlier age, and are now following it up with full braces or other orthodontic treatment.
Untreated dental problems can do more than affect your outward appearance - they can also have a lasting impact on your oral and overall health.
If you notice any of the following issues, we recommend scheduling a free consultation with Dr. Moon at our Olathe or Overland Park offices, since they could be signs you could benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Early, late, or irregular loss of their baby teeth
- Difficulty with chewing or biting
- Crowding or extra spacing between teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Frequent biting of the cheek or the inside of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Protrusion of teeth
Dr. Moon took the time to explain everything to not only me, but my son as well. He explained his philosophy and didn't want to just slap braces on my kiddo. Excited for him to start his expansion process soon!- Kristina
What Is a Bad Bite?
Diagnosing and successfully treating certain bite problems can have short-term and long-term benefits. Problems classified as “bad bites” can often be minimized with the proper orthodontic treatment, including:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
Benefits of a Straight Smile
Straight teeth that respond well to orthodontic treatment have many benefits, including:
- Being less prone to wear and tear, chipping, and tooth trauma
- Being easier to keep clean, helping to prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Reducing the chances of developing gum disease, which can result in bone loss, decay, and tooth loss
- Improving proper chewing and digestion of food
We’re big fans of technology at Moon Orthodontics! What does that mean for you? Faster, more comfortable treatments and tons of choices!
Whether you stick with metal braces or go with Invisalign Teen, we have ways to ensure you spend less time at our Overland Park and Olathe offices and more time focusing on school and your social life.
Here are some of the coolest advances we offer:
- SureSmile: What if you could tell your friends a robot was involved with your braces treatment? With SureSmile, you can. SureSmile relies on robotic technology to precisely bend shape memory alloy archwires to fit your mouth. Even better? SureSmile significantly shortens treatment time.
- PROPEL: This painless orthodontic accessory stimulates the bone around your teeth making them move into their ideal positions up to twice as fast.
- iTero Scanner: The iTero scanner takes digital impressions of your mouth (no more messy goop) so we can easily and quickly create retainers, expanders and Invisalign Teen aligners.
Choose Your Braces in Olathe & Overland Park
Here at Moon Orthodontics, we offer:
Braces have come a very long way, even within the past decade. When many people think of braces, they think of extremely bulky metal brackets.
We don't use this type of bulky orthodontic appliance, and many of the new braces are lighter and more comfortable than ever before.
Also known as clear braces, these work the same way metal braces do but feature brackets made of tooth-colored ceramic materials.
They blend in with your teen’s smile, making them much less obvious. Since ceramic braces are slightly more prone to breaking, and a little costlier than metal braces, they may not be best for everyone.
Invisalign® for Teens
The Invisalign system is made up of a series of fully customized, clear trays called aligners. These aligners are nearly invisible and totally removable.
Made of soft plastic, they provide a more comfortable orthodontic experience, with no friction or abrasions inside your teen’s mouth.
Each week your teen will switch their aligner for the next in the set. When worn the recommended 20-22 hours per day, your teen’s teeth will gradually move into the desired positions.
Invisalign works best for mild to moderate orthodontic issues, and may not be an option if your teen needs more serious treatment.
Questions About Teen Orthodontics
Taking a Personal Approach to Teen Braces
We see all of our patients as unique individuals and we’ll be by your side from that first consultation to the final reveal when those braces come off. We offer personalized care and complete transparency, so teens and parents are confident in their treatment choices.
We know sometimes in the teenage years it can feel like adults leave you out of the loop. We don’t do that here. We’ll treat you with respect and make sure you’re always informed.
Schedule your free initial consultation with Dr. Moon to learn if you could benefit from orthodontic treatment!